Dr. Faul’s research agenda focuses on five critical needs in the field of aging and chronic disease management:
- The high prevalence and disproportionate impact of diabetes and cancer on marginalized people in our society;
- The lack of health self-management and prevention programs that address cultural influences and the influences of the complex systems in which people function on people’s health;
- The need for sophisticated multilevel explanatory, methodologies in social work and health research to analyze pathways to effective health behavior;
- The need for social work researchers and practitioners to help fill the workforce gap for our aging society; and
- The need for reforming long-term care.